Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kai said the prayer at dinner tonight.

Dear God. Thank you for da family. Keegan is silly. (He looks around the table to find something else to say but Daddy butts in to help him.)

Daddy: Thank you for another birthday.
Kai: Thank you for another birthday.
Daddy: Thank you for the food.
Kai: Thank you for da food.
Daddy: Help Grandpa make it home safe.
Kai: Help Grandpa make it home safe.
Daddy: Amen.
Kai: (big smile) Amen!




Tonight we had a birthday dinner for Kai... hamsteaks with pineapple, baked sweet potatoes with butter sprinkled with brown sugar and cesar salad. Kai pushed his plate away after I put some sweet potatoes on it and said, "I don't like that. I don't want that."
Me: Just leave it on your plate.

After a few minutes, we saw Kai eating the sweet potatoes.

Daddy: I thought you didn't like that and didn't want it.
Keely: Like what? If you are talking about the salad, I love it!
Kai: If you are talking about racecars, I love them!
Keely: No one is talking about racecars, Kai.

No comments:

Post a Comment